Wills, Trusts, and Estates



Everyone over the age of 18  should have a will. We can prepare a will to meet the needs of you and your family, taking into account every relevant aspect of your financial and relational situation. A will is not just for the distribution of assets, it can also, for example, direct your wishes for a guardian for minor children. We can also review your existing will to make sure they meet your current needs.  Click for information on Estate Planning with Minor Children.



Power of Attorney


A Power of Attorney enables you to appoint an agent to make financial and/or healthcare decisions for you.   You can have different agents for your financial and healthcare Power of Attorneys. A Living Will is strongly recommended with a Health Care Power of Attorney.  Having a Power of Attorney in place will lessen the likelihood of a guardianship proceeding.



Living Wills/Health Care Directive


A Living Will , also known as a Health Care Directive, outlines your wishes regarding medical treatment should you become physically or mentally incapable of making those decisions. You will remove the stress from family members when the time comes to make those life and death decisions. In Washington State, any adult person may execute a directive directing the withholding or withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment in a terminal condition or permanent unconscious condition.


This will remove any doubt as to your wishes concerning:

  • Life support
  • Hydration
  • Medication
  • Feeding


By having a Living Will, there will be no question, nor debate as to what you wish.



Revocable Living Trust


A Trust is a method for transferring a person’s estate and enables a person to avoid probate.  A trust agreement set out how a person’s assets are to be managed during their life and distributed upon their death. After a person sets up a revocable living trust, they transfer assets to their trust, which they continue to control.  The trust is revocable, which means that during one’s lifetime, a person can change the terms of the trust or terminate the trust. The concept is simple, but this is what keeps you and your family out of the courts.


Special Needs Trust


A Special Needs Trust allows a disabled beneficiary to qualify for government benefits while also receiving benefits from the trust. A Special Needs Trust is used to shelter and preserve assets that would otherwise disqualify a trust beneficiary from government benefits that have a cap on assets.


Contact us for an appointment at (206) 859-5098 or complete our Contact Form.

The Law Offices of Jenny Ling, PLLC, with offices in Seattle and Bellevue - we help you plan for your future and your family.

Print | Sitemap
© 2024 The Law Offices of Jenny Ling, PLLC, all rights reserved